I’m hosting my first GIVEAWAY for the June Progressive Book Club! The details are as follows:
- Go to this link, JUNE GIVEAWAY, and enter to win either The Artist’s Way Starter Kit (Paperback Book and Morning Journal) or The Artist’s Way Paperback.
- You do not have to sign up for June’s discussion of The Artist’s Way to be eligible to win (following me on Twitter or liking my facebook page give you two entries each), however, signing up is worth ten entries, and with the other two, will unlock eight more chances to win.
- Don’t worry if you are not one of the winners and you signed up for the Club’s discussion, the paperback book (link to Amazon, below) is quite affordable at around $9.50.
- Enter DAILY for additional chances.
- Entry for the giveaway is open from April 18 – May 9, 2013 (to allow for shipping and reading time).
- PBC link list for The Artist’s Way is open from April 18 – June 19, 2013.
If you’ve noticed, there has been a change in the sign-up procedure for the Progressive Book Club. You now sign up for each month that you would like to participate. The book’s title, description, purchase link and sign-up link will be posted and open to participants TWO MONTHS before its discussion date (except for May’s), either in an announcement post or above, in the “Current and Upcoming PBC Titles” tab.
So let’s take a look at our book for May; we’ll be reading the following title:
How to Write Good by John Vorhaus. Sign-ups for this discussion run from April 18th—May 15th. Discussion will be on May 15, 2013.
- Starting with a wink at his own dumb title and a case for whimsy as a writer’s best friend, veteran writer and writing instructor John Vorhaus offers us this latest glimpse inside his writing mind. Drawing on a quarter-century of experience in writing scripts and novels, and teaching and training writers worldwide, Vorhaus delivers a quick, expressive overview of the writing process, how to engage it, and how to beat its common pitfalls. With abundant concrete writing strategies and an empowering generosity of spirit, How to Write Good joins JV’s classic Comic Toolbox in providing what every writer needs: rules, tools, and a good, swift kick in the motivation.
“How to Write Good” by John Vorhaus Sign-up Link:
The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron. Sign-ups for this discussion run from April 18th – June 19th. Discussion will be on June 19, 2013.
Be sure to enter the GIVEAWAY running from April 18th – May 9th to win either The Artist’s Way Starter Kit (Paperback and Journal) or The Artist’s Way Paperback edition. With enough interest, a third prize may be added.
- Paperback Edition ($9.55)
- The Artist’s Way is the seminal book on the subject of creativity. An international bestseller, millions of readers have found it to be an invaluable guide to living the artist’s life. Still as vital today—or perhaps even more so—than it was when it was first published one decade ago, it is a powerfully provocative and inspiring work.In a new introduction to the book, Julia Cameron reflects upon the impact of The Artist’s Way and describes the work she has done during the last decade and the new insights into the creative process that she has gained. Updated and expanded, this anniversary edition reframes The Artist’s Way for a new century.
Note: There are several options when ordering this book. I’ve listed the paperback because it is the least expensive, however, a Kindle version, a hardcover, a three-in-one book (The Complete Artist’s Way, which includes The Artist’s Way, Walking in this World, and Finding Water), as well as accompanying journals, workbooks, and daily devotionals are available.
“The Artist’s Way” by Julia Cameron Sign-up Link:
Hope to see you there!